EVENT PROGRAM: Here is the official Event Program for the 2023 Eagle Bay Epic. This fully explains the event with confirmed schedule, course details, transition areas and more. All event attendees are strongly encouraged to read it before the event. READ IT HERE.
One epic adventure race on one epic day!
The Eagle Bay Epic Adventure Race is the ultimate mix of off-road adventure racing in a magificent setting. Imagine a course where you mountain bike, swim, kayak and trail run through a rugged yet pristine wilderness area normally only seen in postcards or picture books.
Crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, wild bushland and a celebratory race atmosphere that encourages all participants.
This is an epic adventure event that anyone can be part thanks to the relay team format allowing you to do just one leg and then hand over to your mates to do the rest. OR step up and do all legs as a solo competitor for a bigger challenge. The event is conducted with a friendly, encouraging race atmosphere that will power you along the course before finishing with a smile (and a FREE BEER) at the finish line at the iconic Eagle Bay Brewery.
So sign up for a challenge that suits your style and be part of WA’s biggest multisport adventure event.
NEW FORMAT FOR 2023:
The Eagle Bay Epic has been recharged for 2023 with all the action moved to Saturday. Key changes:
- Just one, medium length adventure race rather than the separate short and long course events of previous years
- The length of the adventure race is designed to be achievable for previous short course competitors whilst still providing the rewarding challenge the long course competitors are used to. Open to solos and relay teams.
- Racing on Saturday means you can celebrate your accomplishments on Saturday night and recuperate and enjoy the area on Sunday!
- The popular Kids’ Adventure event remains on Saturday afternoon – allowing our junior adventures to enjoy their own taste of the action
- An added race atmosphere because all competitors are racing on the same day in the same race. It’s going to be huge!
A great event surrounded by great people. A fantastic way to see this beautiful area.Brett. Race competitor
Epic Adventure Race
Have a crack at the Epic as a solo entrant or team up as a team of 2, 3 or 4 and share the good times. This course promises to be a challenge…and tons of fun. Create memories that will never fade! The course includes:
- 9km Trail Run
- 1.5km Ocean Swim (+ 300m run)
- 7.5km Ocean Paddle
- 18km Mountain Bike
- 200m team run to the finish line
A super fun running and obstacle adventure course which starts and finishes on the grounds of the Eagle Bay Brewery. The course will be fully marked and marshaled so all participants are assured of a safe, fun time.
The sheer beauty of the landscape will have breathless at every turn thanks to the picture postcard terrain you race through.
The Eagle Bay village is nestled up against the iconic Meelup Regional Park and is one of WA’s most popular get away locations. The beach frontage to the north-east is a long expanse of white sand mixed with natural rock and provides a playground for outdoor sport.
You’ll swim and kayak in the calm waters of Dunn Bay, run on small rocks for a testing trail run and hit the single tracks in the Meelup Regional Park for a wild Mountain Bike leg.
Check out the Travel and Accommodation information.