OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM: The event program is essential reading for all event attendees and covers details like event schedule, course maps, parking details and more. Read it HERE.
Entries are NOW OPEN. Click here to enter
Scroll down or click the index below for entry information. If you have any queries, please contact the Rapid Ascent office via phone: 03 5261 5511 or email: [email protected]
- Entry fees are in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Junior Individuals refer to those who are under 18 years of age on event day, except in the Kids Adventure which is for those 13 years and under.
- Standard Fee: From entries openning to 8:00am AEDT Friday 8 October
- Late Fee: From 8:00am AEDT Friday 8 October to online entry closure – Tuesday 2nd November
- On-the-day: Entries received at race registration
Online Entries close 8:00am AEDT Tuesday 2 November.
Leeuwin Long Course
|CATEGORY||Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$293||$322||$354|
|Team of 3||$362||$397||$438|
|Team of 4||$417||$458||$505|
Naturaliste Short Course
|CATEGORY||Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$197||$215||$236|
|Team of 3||$204||$225||$246|
|Team of 4||$222||$245||$269|
|CATEGORY||Entry Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
“Wife” Carrying Championships
|Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$10/person||$15/person||$20/person|
- Entry to the race (including GST)
- Event T-Shirt if you enter before 8:00am AEDT Friday 8 October 2021 (plus the first 400 to enter in Kids’ Adventure)
- A FREE BEER for all adult (18+) finishers
- Post-race fruit
- Professional medical team
- Professional water safety team
- Chance to win some superb random draw prizes on race day
- Electronic timing and results
- Professional photographers on course
- The adventure of a lifetime!
Event Field Limits
Online entries close 8:00am AEST Tuesday 2 November 2021. Entries will be available on the day unless the field limit has already been reached.
- Field limit of 800 in the Leeuwin Long Course
- Field limit of 650 in the Naturaliste Short Course
- Field limit of 900 in the Kids’ Adventure
What You Need To Provide
- All your race equipment, this includes a kayak, paddle and personal flotation device for the paddle leg and helmet for the mountain bike leg . CLICK HERE for more details.
- Mandatory Gear– this includes a First Aid Kit and Orange Smoke Flare for the Leeuwin Long Course and Naturaliste Short Course CLICK HERE for more details.
- A fun and friendly attitude – we don’t tolerate selfish idiots because they ruin things for everyone!
Entry and Refund policy
If a competitor withdraws prior to 8:00am AEDT, Friday 8 October 2021 they have the option of a credit or refund:
- CREDIT: Credit towards a subsequent event less a 15% administration fee of the entry fee.
- REFUND: Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum of $10 and a maximum of $50.
If a competitor withdraws AFTER to 8:00am AEDT, Friday 8 October 2021 NOT refund or credit will be issued.
Covid-19 Withdrawal Policy
What If I cannot attend the event due to Covid-19 restrictions?
If you unable to attend the event based on Covid-19 restrictions in place 5 days prior to the event then you have the following options;
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a $25 administration fee
- Refund: A refund of your entry fee, less $75 administration fee
Refunds/credits must be requested in writing via [email protected]
Event rescheduling / cancellations
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date (for whatever reason including Force majeure or COVID relates reasons), the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date a competitor may withdraw from the event according to the refund policy above.
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee, less an administration fee (see above).
- In the event that the race is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions within 5 days of the event, no refund will be given, however every effort will be made to conduct a modified event in a safe environment.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.
To arrange a refund or credit, please email [email protected]
- Individual entries are NOT transferable. In the case of team entries, at least one team member must remain the same as when initially entered.
- Please contact [email protected] to make changes to your entry. After 8:00am AEDT Monday 25 October 2021 a $10 fee will apply for any changes.
- Changes that affect categories or entry fee pricing MUST be communicated to Rapid Ascent, failure to abide may result in disqualification.
- Changes to a team which result in an increase in entry fee will require the difference to be paid. No refunds will be given for changes made to entries where a lower entry fee would have applied.
- Payment for online entries is via 128-bit encrypted credit card transaction.