Entries are now open. CLICK HERE TO ENTER
The EVENT PROGRAM for 2020 Eagle Bay Epic is now available and is essential reading for all event attendees (competitors and supporters) with schedule, course details, maps and more. READ IT HERE.
All event attendees are asked to read and comply with our >>COVID-19 Event Safety Plan<<
Scroll down or click the index below for entry information. If you have any queries, please contact the Rapid Ascent office via phone: 03 5261 5511 or email: [email protected]
- Entry fees are in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Junior Individuals refer to those who are under 18 years of age on event day, except in the Kids Adventure which is for those 13 years and under.
- Standard Fee: Entry open to 8:00am AEDT Friday 9 October
- Late Fee: 8:00am AEDT Friday 9 October to online entry closure (10:30am WA time Friday for Short Course, 10:30am Saturday WA time for Long Course, Wife Carrying and Kids Adventure)
- On-the-day: Entries received at race registration
Online Entries close 8:00am AEDT Tuesday 3 November.
Leeuwin Long Course
|CATEGORY||Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$284||$313||$344|
|Team of 3||$351||$386||$425|
|Team of 4||$405||$445||$490|
VIBE Short Course
|CATEGORY||Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$191||$209||$229|
|Team of 3||$198||$218||$239|
|Team of 4||$216||$238||$261|
|CATEGORY||Entry Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
“Wife” Carrying Championships
|Standard Fee||Late Fee||On-the-Day Fee|
|Team of 2||$10/person||$15/person||$20/person|
- Entry to the race (including GST)
- Event T-Shirt if you enter before 8:00am AEDT 9 Friday October 2020 (first 400 to enter in Kids Adventure)
- Post-race fruit
- Professional medical team
- Professional water safety team
- Chance to win some superb random draw prizes on race day
- Electronic timing and results
- Professional photographers on course
- Finish line video to share with friends and family
- The adventure of a lifetime!
>>CLICK HERE<< to view a size chart
Event Field Limits
Online entries close 8:00am AEST Wednesday 4 November 2020. Entries will be available on the day unless the field limit has already been reached.
- Field limit of 800 in the Leeuwin Long Course
- Field limit of 650 in the VIBE Short Course
- Field limit of 900 in the Kids Adventure
What You Need To Provide
- All your race equipment, this includes a kayak, paddle and personal flotation device for the paddle leg and helmet for the mountain bike leg . CLICK HERE for more details.
- Mandatory Gear- this includes a First Aid Kit and Orange Smoke Flare for the Leeuwin Long Course and Naturaliste Short Course CLICK HERE for more details.
- A fun and friendly attitude – we don’t tolerate selfish idiots because they ruin things for everyone!
Entry and Refund policy
If a competitor withdraws prior to 8:00am AEDT, Friday 9 October 2020 they have the option of a credit or refund:
- CREDIT: Credit towards a subsequent event less a 15% administration fee of the entry fee.
- REFUND: Refund can be offered less an administration fee of 20% of the entry fee paid with a minimum of $10 and a maximum of $50.
If a competitor withdraws AFTER to 8:00am AEDT, Friday 9 October 2020 NOT refund or credit will be issued.
Event rescheduling / cancellations
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee, less an administration fee (see above).
- In the event that the race is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions within 5 days of the event, no refund will be given, however every effort will be made to conduct a modified event in a safe environment.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.
To arrange a refund or credit, please email [email protected]
- Individual entries are NOT transferable. In the case of team entries, at least one team member must remain the same as when initially entered.
- Please contact [email protected] to make changes to your entry. After 8:00am AEDT Monday 26 October 2020 a $10 fee will apply for any changes.
- Changes that affect categories or entry fee pricing MUST be communicated to Rapid Ascent, failure to abide may result in disqualification.
- Changes to a team which result in an increase in entry fee will require the difference to be paid. No refunds will be given for changes made to entries where a lower entry fee would have applied.
- Payment for online entries is via 128-bit encrypted credit card transaction.