The window below is the official Event Program for the 2020 Eagle Bay Epic and is essential reading for all event attendees (competitors and supporters) with schedule, course details, maps and more.
All event attendees are asked to read and comply with our >>COVID-19 Event Safety Plan<<
NOTE: We will not be taking new entries, adding team members or making changes at race registration on paper. Any last minute changes should be e-mailed to [email protected] or call 03 5261 5511 and will be charged a $10 admin fee. Please ensure your changes have been sent through by Thursday 5 November (or as soon as possible).
VIBE Mini Race
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm Friday 6th November
- 8:00am – 10:00am Saturday 7th November
Leeuwin Long Course:
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm Friday 6th November
- 11:00am – 6:00pm Saturday 7th November
- 6:00am – 7:30am Sunday 8th November
- 1:00pm – 3:30pm Saturday 7th November
COVID-SAFE: We encourage only one person to queue for race registration, to queue up 1.5m apart and respect social distancing. There will be no paper forms or shared pens, online changes and late entries to be done on your own mobile device. Cashless transactions preferred.
VIBE Short Course (ONLY) – 7:00pm Friday 6th November at Eagle Bay Brewery
Leeuwin Long Course (ONLY) – 5:30pm Saturday 7th November at Eagle Bay Brewery
COVID-SAFE: The competitor briefings will be broadcast live on our WA Adventure Facebopok page and we encourage many people to watch online rather than in person to minimise group gatherings
Eagle Bay Brewery
There is plenty of parking at Eagle Bay Brewery. Please follow the signs and directions of marshals to park on the grass paddock on the right as you drive in.
Dunsborough transition area parking
Parking in the vicinity of the Dunsborough TAs at Vincent St are very tight and are limited to the side streets surrounding the area. Note the following:
- Vincent St itself will be closed to cars (other than local residents)
- We will establish a one way loop (going anticlockwise) on Beach Rd, North St and Gibney St that is to be used for short term parking only, exclusively for the drop off of kayaks and gear. Cars may only park on this loop for a maximum of 15mins whilst dropping equipment off on Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Spectator and teams cars must park on other streets during the event and must walk to the TA. This may mean walking up to 1km to get to the TA.
- We encourage teams and supports crews to remove kayaks and bikes immediately after usage rather than returning to the area after the race.
- For competitors in Sunday’s Leeuwin Long Course – we recommend dropping off your kayak and other equipment on Saturday (after 4:00pm) so it is one less thing to do on Sunday morning.
- Be aware that parking and traffic will be busy in this area, especially on Saturday morning between 8:00am and 2:00pm. Allow extra time when transiting between the Brewery and the TA.
- Please respect locals and don’t block them in!!
DUNSBOROUGH TRANSITION PLAN
All competitors should be aware of the set up and flow of the Dunsborough Transition Area as pictured below. This is explained more fully in the event program at the top of this page.
Transition areas and support crews:
Support crews are not mandatory. They can make logistics a bit easier but they will have virtually no impact on your overall placing if you are organised before the event. The following guidelines are in place for all transition areas
- No external support may be provided to competitors inside the fenced off TA enclosure (or out on the course). Support crews can only enter a TA to drop off equipment for their competitor but must leave the TA immediately after doing so. The only exception is that competitors can receive assistance to pull down race bibs (especially over PFDs) from other competitors or from spectators who are located outside the TA fence.
- Only the team mate in the immediate next leg is permitted to wait inside the TA – other team mates and support crews must wait outside the fenced off enclosure.
- Bikes can only be collected upon presentation of the bike collection token attached to the MTB number plate
- Boats / kayaks can only be collected upon presentation of the kayak collection token attached to the Kayak Sticker.
COVID-SAFE: As always, please practice social distancing and try to minimise contact with others to stop the spread of COVID-19.